Written By: Kelli Gustafson
These are a favourite amongst the AJ crew, and are an awesome snack for when you’re on the go! I love them for when I need a quick boost of energy while at school, and you can just pop them in your mouth like a Timbit!
No-Bake Energy Bites:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cups of peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 1 Tbsp. honey (or agave)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 2 Tsp. vanilla flavouring
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, thoroughly mixing. If you find they aren’t sticky enough, feel free to add more honey or peanut butter.
- Roll them into balls and lay-out on parchment paper. I usually douse my hands in olive oil before rolling them out, because these suckers are sticky!
- I usually store them in the freezer, and grab a few to throw in a Ziplock on my way out the door in the morning!
TIP: Store your ground flax seed in the freezer or fridge to ensure it stays fresh!