Written By: Kelli Gustafson
This is one of my favourite chocolate chip recipes that I’ve been using for a few years now… they’re chewy and delicious! The key is to make sure you pre-heat the oven, but don’t over-bake (remember the cookies will continue to bake a bit once you’ve removed them from the oven).
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugar(s), and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips last.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, measure-out balls of dough and space evenly on cookie sheet. Bake in pre-heated oven, 350°, for 10-12 minutes (depending on size of cookies)